You make an investment when you get carpet. To keep your investment looking its best then you need to care for it
It will look great and last for years if you do it the right way. Extend the life of your carpet by taking a few steps. Keeping you carpet looking its best is easier than you think-if you have the right vacuum cleaner, the right cleaning in products and a little know-how.
Best Way to Remove Carpet Stains
1. Treat stains as soon as possible. If a stain sits for too long it will be harder to remove. Maybe impossible.
2. Food spills. Remove as much for the stain as you can with a spoon-add water and blot and use a cleaning product only if you need it-use the suction function and vacuum back and forth- if needed, add more water to remove the stain completely
3. It’s a good idea to have a cleaning product that is approved by The Carpet and Rug Institute of America on hand-only use it if you’ve tested it on a hidden area
4. If you still notice the stain after cleaning it then you can use 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and moisten the tufts of the carpet. Allow it to sit for about an hour and blot. Repeat if needed.
How to Protect & Keep Your Carpet Looking Great
1. Regular vacuuming will remove soil before it gets deep into your carpet
2. The carpet you have will need a vacuum cleaner with a rotating brush, a beater bar or suction only
3. Professional cleaning is recommend every 12 to 18 months but will depend on traffic and other factors
4. Don’t ever pull on snags in carpeting-use scissors or you may damage it
5. Repair burnt carpet by clipping the burnt fibers with scissors-more severe damage may require patching or replacement
6. Dents caused by furniture can be removed by using the edge of a spoon-gently stroke the area or use a hair dryer to help
7. If you experienced heavy water damage the best thing to do is call professionals to completely dry the carpet
Caring for Soft Carpet
• Use a vacuum cleaner with adjustable height-the highest setting should be used where appropriate
• Don’t use vacuum cleaners that have concentrated or sealed suction
• Using a vacuum cleaner with larger wheels makes it easiest to move across soft carpet
Using mats will protect your carpet from dirt. These mats will remove soil from your shoes before it gets tracked onto your carpet.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Northridge & Greater Los Angeles, California
Only use a company that uses truck mounted equipment to get you carpets as clean as they can get. Truck mounted equipment have stronger suction and leaves your carpets drier. Be wary of “discount” carpet cleaners because they are more into getting a lot of work instead of building client relationships and recognize that you get what you pay for. Learning how and taking the extra time to take care of your carpets can double the life of it and save you thousands of dollars. Contact Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning today!