Air ducts are the primary components to circulate the conditioned air in the various parts of your home or business building. Distributing the air isn’t all. As the air circulates, tiny particles of dust, dust mites, hairs, furs, pollen, pollutants, and other contaminates are also floating in the air. As time continues on, these particles don’t always make it out the air ducts and over the years, the buildup becomes overwhelming.
What Are Air Ducts & How Often Should I Get Them Cleaned?
The air ducts are a set of tubing, designed either square or round that is often engineered out of sheet metal. Its purpose is to circulate warm or cool air throughout the building and disperse it in the individual rooms. Air ducts are part of the HVAC system. Eco Clean Air Ducts would like to list a handful of the benefits to getting your air ducts cleaned every 3-5 years. Air ducts should be cleaned more frequently if there are many people in the home, pets are present, smokers smoke in the home, and if people with severe and chronic allergies and asthma along with other respiratory issues.
Benefits of Professional Air Duct Cleaning
1. Improved Indoor Air Quality. As previously mentioned, air ducts transfer treated air and divvy it into the various rooms of your home. Dust, pollen, pet fur, dander, and all other tiny pollutants travel with that system and though air filters trap a greater portion of these little particles. The air ducts accumulate quite a bit over time. If left unattended, these tiny assailants are being moved within the airflow, making your indoor air quality poor. For those that suffer from allergies, having a regular air duct cleaning can hinder those allergies. Having your air ducts professionally cleaned can significantly improve the indoor air quality and give allergy and asthma sufferers some relief.
2. Unclogging Air Ducts Helps HVAC System Run Better & Last Longer. Your air ducts can easily become clogged over time, thereby causing the HVAC system to work harder and consume additional power; increasing your utility bills and putting a strain on the appliances associated with your HVAC system. Whether your HVAC system is heating or cooling your home, the units are compensating for the air ducts deficiency, causing excessive wear and tear, and often forcing your units into early retirement. Keeping air ducts clean can contribute to extending your furnace and air conditioner along with other maintenance and tune ups as well as avoiding increased power bills.
3. Removing Mold from Air Ducts. It isn’t a common occurrence, but as frequently as it can occur, it is definitely worth listing and that is a mold problem within the air ducts. If you have ever had a mold outbreak in your home, mold spores could have easily moved into the air ducts and had the perfect living conditions to thrive. Getting a professional air duct cleaning on schedule can help deter any negative effects mold can have on your home’s integrity and your family’s health.
How Often Should You Clean Your Air Ducts?
As previously mentioned, having a professional air duct cleaning, should be conducted every 3-5 years. If more than one of the below facts pertain to you, consider having your air ducts cleaned more frequently.
– Indoor smokers live in the home.
– Multiple pets live primarily indoors, especially if they have a tendency to shed high volumes of hair or fur and dander.
– Damage inflicted the HVAC system, or general water damage.
– Family members or other residents of the home have extreme respiratory issues including asthma and chronic allergies.
– If the home endured any remodeling or renovations.
– If you recently moved into a previously occupied home and you don’t know the maintenance it got.
– Any history of mold outbreaks in or outside the home.
– If any pest control issues have been a major problem, especially involving rodents.
– Any smoke damage has ever been present.
Air Duct Cleaning in Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Northridge & Greater Los Angeles, California
If your home or business is due for an air duct cleaning, contact the best in the business by calling Eco Clean Air Ducts, and let our experts do the rest!