During the hot summer months the carpets and rugs in your home are at the constant mercy of a large amount of foot traffic especially with children spending time at home during their annual summer vacation, various family gatherings and cookouts and other festivities involving visits from relatives and friends. The good news is the knowledgeable experts at Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning have the necessary tools and equipment to keep your carpets and rugs spic and span all year round. Keep reading to learn some useful tips to help you keep your carpets fresh between their professional visits.
Best Ways to Keep Carpets Clean this Summer
1. Remove Shoes Before Walking on Carpet: Keep dirt and other debris away from your carpet by encouraging family and friends to remove their shoes as soon as they enter your home. According to the experts at Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning following this simple rule will not only help you reduce the amount of dirt and grime that is tracked into your home, you will also decrease the amount of allergens and moisture that can damage your carpet fibers and affect the health of you and your family members.
2. Use Runners & Rugs in High Traffic Areas: Use runners and area rugs all year round to reduce the amount of wear and tear on your carpets especially in high traffic areas. Place doormats at the front and back door areas to offer a place for family and guests to wipe their shoes and remove them before they enter your home.
3. Vacuum on a Regular Basis: Vacuuming your rugs, carpets and upholstery on a regular basis will prevent unwanted wear and tear on your carpet fibers. Dirt, dust and debris can not only damage your carpets it can also affect your health by causing respiratory issues in family members who are prone to allergies. Sprinkle baking soda before vacuuming to help absorb odors between your professional Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning services. As a general rule you should vacuum at least once or twice per week depending on how often you entertain.
4. Professional Steam Carpet Cleaning: For best results schedule your professional carpet cleaning service twice a year. While you may be tempted to rent a carpet cleaning machine from the grocery store you should resist the impulse. The chemicals contained in the detergents can cause permanent damage to your carpet fibers. Your Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning professional can keep your carpets fresh and clean while extending their longevity and beauty.
5. Spend More Time Outside: Spending your time outside during the lazy days of summer may sound like a no brainer yet when it comes to keeping your carpets clean it has multiple benefits including less risk of spills and stains.
Carpet Cleaning & More in Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Northridge & Greater Los Angeles, California
Spend your summer doing all the things you love instead of worrying about the appearance of your carpets and rugs. For more information regarding professional carpet and rug cleaning as well as stain removal services for your Greater Los Angeles home or business, contact the knowledgeable experts at Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning today.