Not everyone is so inclined to remove the lint on the trap diligently after each use. Observing the dryer needing multiple cycles to get the load thoroughly dry is an indication that neglecting the trap has contributed to the dryer’s main vent to become obstructed with buildup. Getting a professional dryer vent cleaning will restore the efficiency of your appliance among other helpful benefits. With that in mind, we at Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning would like to share the advantages of getting the dryer’s vents cleaned by a professional as frequently as needed.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Benefits
1) Elimination of Mold. The dryer is designed to remove all moisture from clothing and other washable fabrics. Approximately 1/2 gallon of water resides in an average load of laundry. If the dryer is unable to thoroughly dry the load, the perfect conditions for mold are created. If a clog is present, or the vent system is not properly installed, moisture is condensed and contained in the dryer’s vent system. Water that may come into contact with the lint passing through, will make it clump together, and sticks to walls, floors and ceiling. But if left within the vent and mold spores filter through, mold can blossom. A professional completely cleans out the vent system including any mold issues.
2) Longer Dryer Lifespan. With a properly maintained dryer, including the routine professional cleaning for the vent systems, the dryer does not have to work harder than necessary to dry the same load of laundry. Any appliance that is over exerted and not adequately maintained will have the need for frequent repairs and a reduced lifespan. Additionally, clothes and other washable fabrics that have to endure multiple drying cycles will lose durability and the deterioration will be expedited. Clear vents will ensure the dryer’s efficiency to dry the load without prolonged exposure to the intense heat required to dissolve water.
3) Energy Efficiency. You are utilizing 2-3 times more energy than needed when the dryer is forced to repeat cycles on the same load. Cleaned vents are far more energy efficient and helps you avoid increased power bills and wasted energy.
4) Fire Prevention. Fires originating by the dryer occur on average 15,500 times a year. These fires have resulted in property damage of up to $209 million, as well as varying degrees injuries, and even fatalities. Fires that originated from the dryer happen as the lint accumulates in the dryer vent system creating the perfect kindling; as the dryer heats up during a cycle, sparks that fly create the ignition. The risk of fires is significantly reduced when you diligently get scheduled dryer cent cleanings. Getting the dryer vent system professionally cleaned once a year is recommended by most manufacturers, but if you have average over 8 loads a week, twice a year cleaning would be optimal.
5) Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Carbon monoxide gas is tasteless, odorless, colorless and toxic and difficult to detect. Without proper maintenance, dryers can have the potential of producing carbon monoxide poisoning. When the vents are obstructed with lint or nests created by various pests, the toxic fumes cannot be properly expelled outdoors. These harmful fumes are trapped in the home and the residents are now exposed to the life threatening carbon monoxide gas.
Dryer Vent Cleaning & More in Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Northridge & Greater Los Angeles, California
Professional dryer vent cleaning by Eco Clean Carpet Cleaning gets the dryer vents restored to their original state. All obstruction from lint, pest nesting habits, and other debris are completely cleared allowing for more efficient drying. Call us today to get started!